Friday, March 18, 2011

Only one month left

In 4 weeks time I will take my last class as an English language assistant at my high school in Reims. I have to admit I'm a little sad about the prospect of leaving and really don't want this experience to end. On the whole, I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I am also a little nervous as I don't really know what I'm doing after the programme ends- I am hoping to get another job and stay in France a bit longer before having to go back to the UK to complete university at the end of September so hopefully I will find something soon.

It has been a while since I last blogged and so much has happened since then so I thought I'd just quickly sum up what has happened since:


  • Alyson and Emily (two of the assistants) threw me and another assistant a fantastic birthday party. I had a really great night and it was so nice to celebrate with everyone.
  • The assistants in Reims presented me a really nice present- a book entitled "This is your Reims life" full of pictures and messages to me - I was so touched. It is perhaps the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me :)
  • I went back to the UK and spent a few days in Bristol to see my university friends and see where I'm living next year- I had a great time and it was so awesome to see everyone/catch-up after so long. 
  • After the UK, I along with other assistants embarked on a fantastic interRailing adventure round Europe. We covered Vienna, Budapest, Prague and Munich (as well as a brief stop off the train in Bratislava). It was an amazing trip and we saw lots of amazing things/ate lots of yummy food. We also stayed in some pretty cool hostels and spent lots of hours on trains doing all sorts from admiring Austrian scenery to sleeping. I would definitely recommend all of these places but Prague was my favourite - its so picturesque and combines the traditional with the modern - I can't wait to go back! 
  • Celebrated both Shrove Tuesday and St Patricks Day in Reims. 
  • Have enjoyed a few nights out to local Reims pubs/clubs.
  • Collected food for a charity collect at my school. 
  • Visited the Musee des Beaux Arts- a fine arts museum in Reims. 
  • Continued to enjoy teaching -got some new classes which has been nice. 
That's all from me for now but I promise to write again soon!

Bon weekend à tous! 


No comments:

Post a Comment